New Study Identifies 10 Signs You Are Turning Into Your Father
A study done by Omaha Steaks in advance of Father’s Day surveyed over 2,000 men with close relationships and regular interactions with their dads. The study asked participants questions related to father’s day gifting, time spent with their dad, and their own experiences with aging.
The study found that men are most likely to begin modelling more of their father’s behaviours (like falling asleep on the couch and telling corny jokes) at age 37. (Have you ever been told you sound like your dad?)
According to the survey, here are the top 10 signs that you’re turning into your dad:
1. You start taking grilling very seriously.
2. You try to fix things that break instead of just replacing them.
3. You get into corny jokes…aka, Dad Jokes.
4. You’re more likely to respond to your kids’ questions with ‘ask your mother.’
5. You fall asleep on the couch.
6. You grunt when getting off the couch.
7. You mute commercials.
8. One of your favourite outdoor activities is mowing the lawn.
9. You ask people not to touch the thermostat.
10. You finish the leftover food on everyone’s plates.