With Easter coming up this weekend, we take a look at some surprising facts about one of the most popular small pets in Canada.
- Rabbits can turn their ears 180 degrees and pinpoint the exact location of a sound.
- Baby rabbits are known as kittens.
- They also “purr” when they’re content. It sounds similar to quiet teeth chattering.
- Rabbits’ teeth never stop growing. That’s why they need hay and wooden toys to chew on so their teeth don’t get too long.
- Even though they’re often thought of as a good “starter” pet, they actually require more attention and responsibility than other animal companions.
- Carrots are not a natural part of their diet, contrary to what Bugs Bunny has taught us.
- Rabbits have almost 360 degree vision.
- They like their own space and can be very particular about their territory.
- They are crepuscular, meaning they are the most active at dusk and dawn.