Although a plethora of events have been canceled in light of the ongoing pandemic, Mother’s Day is set to proceed full steam ahead and is, in fact, just around the corner on Sunday May 10. Although you may not be able to head out for a special meal with your lifelong gal pal, you can certainly still wine and dine the family matriarch within the confines of her own socially distanced-approved bubble.
For the past 17 years, The Brookstreet Hotel’s annual gourmet Mother’s Day brunch has been a top draw and although they have temporarily suspended their operations, Carlos Baeza, Director of Food and Drink, ensures that they’re committed to helping guests celebrate and recognize mom, pandemic or not.
Creating a takeout menu worthy of your finest at home cutlery, Baeza states that Executive Chef Clifford Lyness and his team have been hard at work creating a bountiful menu and gathering ingredients over the last week to ensure that they are ready for execution come the weekend. Recognizing that not all of the items offered regularly at the buffet would travel well, Chef Lyness and his team have selected food items and packaging that will allow guests and their families to enjoy the tasty goodies on offer at home.
So pop the champagne, grab your favourite family members and leave plenty of belt room to indulge in a combination of hot and cold, savoury and sweet. For $145, their Canadian and contemporary take on the classic meal serves four and includes the following items;
- flakey buttery croissants
- eggs frittata with sweet bell peppers and aged cheddar
- maple smoked bacon
- country style sausage
- breakfast potato with caramelized onion, confit garlic and chive
- penne with spinach, rosemary and roasted garlic cream
- a seasonal selection vegetable medley
- citrus marinated chicken with a chipotle honey glaze and steamed rice
- chilled shrimp with house-made cocktail sauce
- smoked salmon with cream cheese, bagels, capers, red onion and citrus
- antipasto including cured meats, grilled asparagus, acidulated vegetables, roasted capsicum, marinated bocconcini
- tossed greens with tomato, cucumber, radish, spun carrots and lemon balm
- kale & brussels slaw with pomegranate seeds, chevre, candied pecan, fig and a balsamic vinaigrette
- Mother’s day cake
- sliced fresh fruit
With pick-up located through the main entrance of the Brookstreet Hotel, staff ensures that social distancing rules will be respected. They will be providing a designated in/out area and markings indicating where to stand while picking up your order. For your safety as well as the safety of their team, they ask that you please follow these guidelines to the best of your ability.
Orders must be placed before Friday, May 8 at noon and will be available for pick up from 8am to noon Saturday May 9 and Sunday May 10. Brookstreet Hotel is also offering a pre-set three course dinner menu and a-la-carte options available for pick up Thursday May 7 to Sunday May 10 between 4pm and 7pm.
For more information go to: https://www.brookstreethotel.com/mothers-day-takeaway